Russian tourists can fly abroad in some directions much cheaper than last summer – in some popular destinations, prices have decreased by 20% or more. Such statistics were sent by Yandex Travel experts. Their study, sent to the editors of TURPROM, contains the following figures.
The biggest drop in prices was for air travel to Azerbaijan – 23%, the United Arab Emirates – 20% and Turkey – 14%. The key reason for the reduction in airfare is the additional flights from Russia to Turkey, Azerbaijan, the United Arab Emirates and a number of other countries that appeared between late April and June this year. The majority of additional flights are operated by the following airlines: Aeroflot, Pobeda, Red Wings, Russia, Azimuth, Siberia, Yamal, Azur Air, North Wind, Icarus, Ural Airlines, Alrosa, IrAero — the experts explained.
What As for specific numbers and cities, Yandex.Travel provides the following data:
- The Moscow-Dubai-Moscow flight became cheaper this year by 32% or 35.9 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 52, 5 thousand in June 2022,
- The route to Kazakhstan Moscow-Astana-Moscow fell by 27%, 21.2 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 29 thousand in June 2022,
- Moscow- Istanbul-Moscow – by 24%, 30.9 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 40.8 thousand rubles in June 2022,
- Moscow – Baku – Moscow – by 23%, 35.5 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 45.9 thousand in June 2022,
- Moscow-Yerevan-Moscow — by 13%, 25.8 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 29.5 thousand in June 2022,
- Moscow-Tel Aviv-Moscow – by 6%, 55 thousand rubles in June 2023 against 58.5 thousand in June 2022.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: « A nutritionist has named the most inappropriate time for a snack for those who want to lose weight.